[Cryptech Tech] STM32F4 <-> Novena Bridge

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Sat Jun 13 10:56:37 UTC 2015

On Friday, June 12, 2015 10:10:24 AM Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> Another consideration: except from the right hand side, I tried to not route
> things inwards underneath the STM32, in order to leave room for all the
> necessary VDD/VSS vias that I will add next.
>
> I also expect to add an FT232H USB-UART chip, and to try and route a couple
> of SPI, I2C and GPIO interfaces to headers on the edges of the board. And
> some LEDs.

I've gone through ST AN4488 and added everything I believe is needed for the
STM32 circuit. I hope to be able to fit the FT232H in the bottom right corner,
but if I don't I think I'll grow the board to the south (meaning it will
protrude from the Novena on both it's left and bottom side, instead of just
the bottom side).

If I grow the board, I may even put on footprints for the RTC and AT tiny
since those ought to be simple and not take a lot of time to draw into the
schematics.