[Cryptech Tech] arm

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Jan 12 06:50:50 UTC 2015

> Even just the basic USB interface (from
> https://wiki.cryptech.is/wiki/Hardware) is going to be problematic, look at
> e.g. Travis Goodspeed's work on attacking USB devices, Karsten Nohl et al's
> BadUSB stuff, and various disclosures about attacks at both the USB driver and
> the USB protocol level.  This DC'22 talk:
>
> https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-22/dc-22-presentations/Michael-Shkatov/DEFCON-22-Jesse-Michael-Mickey-Shkatov-USB-for-All!!-UPDATED.pdf

will look again later today.  but my memory is that, unlike the
thunderbolt attacks, the usb attacks rely on the our end being a
normal computer, or a keyboard interface.

we're gonna have to interface to the board somehow.  do we risk an
ethernet ip stack or a usb where the supported conversation is the
syntax and semantics of a cryptlib interface to pkcs#11?

randy