[Cryptech Tech] FPGA for alpha board

Joachim Strömbergson joachim at secworks.se
Sun Jan 11 20:53:21 UTC 2015

Yes, adding a soft core is one option we have for the future. Using a
hard core such as Xilinx Zync or Altera SoCs adds a lot of performance,
but it reduces the ability to actually test and know as well as limit
what is actually accessible from where.

In terms of side channel leakage, having an internal interface on chip
is better than having an interface over the PCB. But this interface will
be inside the tamper boundary.

For the next, next generation board (or later revisions of this one) we
may move to an integrated solution. But for the platform after Novena I
think our assumption right now is that we really want to have separate
physical devices. This is because it allows us to decompose the system
into separate partitions that can more easily be controlled and audited.

Cheers
JoachimS

11.01.2015, 12:18, "Fredrik Thulin" <fredrik at thulin.net