[Cryptech Tech] arm

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sun Jan 11 08:52:26 UTC 2015

> Yes, FreeRTOS is another possible solution
> http://www.freertos.org/
>
> There are actually quite a few RTOSes available as open projects. We
> have (we think) quite small requirements so a complete Linux-like system
> with stack should not be needed. As Rob stated we are also looking at
> mbed. I'm using mbed in another project and is fairly happy.

i owe everyone an apology.  it was i who mistakenly said "rtos" in the
first place, leading folk astray.  as rob and joachim have pointed out,
we do not think that we need cpu or memory allocation etc.  it just has
to boot, get at a simple flash file system, and drive a usb.  it is
inside the tinfoil, so the less it does the better.  oh, and has to be
able to ignite the c-4 in case of tamper detection :)

randy