[Cryptech Tech] arm

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Jan 10 08:14:42 UTC 2015

[ repost to tech ]

so we're starting to spec the next gen, an alpha, cryptech board.  a
custom job with only what we need on it.  the first sketch is at

   https://wiki.cryptech.is/wiki/Hardware

which may move as i edit wiki today.

bunnie sez the board desiners in singapore and taiwan come in flavors
based on the arm type.  so we kinda have to learn arm types to make a
decision.

we think we want
  o no or minimal magic blobs because it's inside the security boundary
  o support for booting, flash file system, and usb
  o some speed, but the crypto is done in the fpga
  o rtos components without rms virus

internal gossip is that joachim is using, or has used, coretex + mbed.
joachim, care to be specific and assert any preferences?

general clue, advice, ...  or pointers to where we might find same?

thanks.

randy