[Cryptech Tech] Fwd: Re: [Cryptech Core] Fwd: EIM Problems

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Jan 5 10:01:37 UTC 2015

> I don't have a copy of Novena board so far, so I can't do this myself
> right now.

we hope to have on in your hands in about a week.  basil will bring one
back from stockholm.

> As far as I understand, you want to use the on-board FPGA as a
> cryptographic co-processor, so that the CPU could offload
> time-consuming hash calculations. EIM frequency will obviously limit
> the maximum achievable data throughput. Have you estimated what
> throughput you actually need? Is it critical to run the bus at 133 MHz
> or will 100 MHz be enough?

for the project, the novena is a development / protyping platform, not
an end product.  so 30% difference in performance is not critical.
right now, the i2c bus is orders of magnitude slower, and that is what
we are trying to get past.

randy