[Cryptech Tech] Alpha board strategy

Павел Шатов meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru
Thu Feb 26 07:42:21 UTC 2015

On 26.02.2015 3:43, Randy Bush wrote:
> Freescale iMX6 processor, up to 1.2GHz / 4 cores
> Soldered down DDR3-1066 (533MHz), up to 4GB
> 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
> 1x HDMI (up to QXGA 2048×1536)
> 1x LVDS (up to WUXGA 1920×1200)
> 1x PCIE
> 1x SATA
> On board SPI Flash up to 32Mb
> 1x SD (or optional 2x CAN), 1x MMC
> 2x USB
> 3x UART, 3x I2C, 1x SPI
> Digital audio
> JTAG
> User LED, power LED
> 2x high speed board to board connectors (only one required)
>
> i thought we were trying to avoid a lot of household appliances.
>
> randy

Randy, these interfaces are built-in for i.MX CPU. Unless we choose
another CPU, they will always be there. In their module all these
interfaces are connected to two expansion headers, if we don't need
them, we will not connect anything to corresponding pins in the carrier
baseboard.

Yes, they do offer a development baseboard with all the "household"
interfaces. My idea is to use their module with our own custom baseboard
with only those interfaces that we need (Ethernet and USB probably).

They offer PCB design source on their website, we can modify it to
expose EIM interface instead of interfaces what we don't need. Maybe we
can even ask them to do it for a fee.