[Cryptech Tech] Draft Requirements

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Feb 24 09:37:01 UTC 2015

Fredrik Thulin <fredrik at thulin.net> writes:

>I see, thank you for clarifying. You had me puzzled there =).

It might be good to clarify what's being stored where, for example the FPGA
can store an effectively infinite number of keys by writing them encrypted to
external storage using an internally-generated and stored key (this is what
some HSMs do, implementing encrypted paging), so in theory the only room you
need inside an FPGA is volatile storage for the working memory of a single
key, and you can page others in as needed.

Peter.