[Cryptech Tech] BCP prototyping machine

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Fri Feb 20 09:26:03 UTC 2015

On Friday, February 20, 2015 06:21:11 PM Randy Bush wrote:
> > Don't know if I want to order one of those before it is more commercially
> > available...
>
> yep.  and how do you feel about the two layer issue?

All my boards I've made to date are two layers.

Sure, it might not be able to make all boards one would need, but if it makes
80% of prototyping much faster, then it's still a huge win. Round trip times
of PCBs are really killing (my) productivity.

Example: If we all had machines like that, we might make a 4-layer alpha board
(or even more I guess) and have an extension slot/connector on there to
facilitate prototyping of pretty much everything besides the CPU and FPGA.
Those are the only components I see really needing four layers.