[Cryptech Tech] Alpha board strategy

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Feb 19 11:42:59 UTC 2015

one thing we have not discussed, what user environments do we support?
let me toss a ball out and folk can hit it.

can we separate use vs dev vs loading/configuring?

use, i think it would be good to support linux and mac, possibly
windoze, possibly freebsd.  i would prefer not to expect users to be vm
capable.

dev will be driven by the fpga choice, as xilinx seems to be bound to
windoze if i remember aright.  otherwise, linux.  my guess is mac is too
much of a pita.  let's presume devs can run vms to get the environment
we need.

can load/config be restricted to a fixed set of applications? if they
come pre-built, it would be cool if loading could run in the first,
i.e. use, environment.

randy, donning kevlar