[Cryptech Tech] dev-bridge board

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Dec 9 22:48:43 UTC 2015

Randy Bush wrote:
> >> for security boundary reasons, the alpha board, and any follow-on, will
> >> not have uncastrated usb.  we already had this discussion; let's not
> >> repeat it.
> >
> > Agree.
>
> on security projects, tinfoil almost always trumps hipster

Please look at this:
http://www.netbooknews.com/wp-content/2011/07/the-pyramid-of-debate-550x417.jpg

Then let's climb back up the pyramid and stay with the point;
Paul asked about good interfaces.

USB is apparently not too hipster as long as FTDI implements it.

I understand that it is important to you that USB is outside the STM32.

Let's consider making the most of that sitation by replacing the FTDI
with a small controller, simplifying host software and quite likely
device software along with it.

//Peter