[Cryptech Tech] cryptlib HAL for EIM

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Thu Apr 30 19:52:50 UTC 2015

At Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:56:29 +0300, Jacob wrote:

> Do you guys see any issue with the licensing of Cryptlib when the HSM
> hits the commercialization phase, either by hardware/contract vendors or
> corporate end users?

No.  I discussed this with Peter (Gutmann) a while back, and we have
an agreement in principal on a license variation which should cover
this issue if the Cryptech project does ship something making serious
use of Cryptlib.  I'd just prefer not to waste his time and money
hammering out legal details until we're reasonably certain that it
will will be necessary, and, as you may have noticed from the rest of
this thread, we're (OK, I'm) still blundering around in the dark a bit
on the technical side of things.