[Cryptech Tech] core size in cryptech.h

Павел Шатов meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru
Thu Apr 30 19:18:49 UTC 2015

On 30.04.2015 12:16, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:

> Aloha!
>
> Paul. I noted that you refactored the CORE_SIZE to one common define for
> all cores:
>
> #define CORE_SIZE               0x100
> #define SEGMENT_SIZE            0x20 * CORE_SIZE
>
> This does work for most cores. But not for modexp. The modexp core has
> spans much more than 256 addresses. And the ecdsa/p256 (or whatever it
> will be called) will quite probably also span more than 256 addresses.

Joachim, your idea to have common register layout for similar cores is
very good. I actually organized control and status registers in my GOST
hash core the same way, as it was done in your SHA cores. I still cannot
upload my GOST hash core, because Basil hasn't signed my PGP key yet,
but that is a different story.

Speaking of core sizes, as far as I remember, we wanted to have
different segments for different types of cores. All hashes can be in
one segment and have the same size. ECDSA is a signature core, we can
place it in a different segment, where all cores will have different
size and so on.

Joachim, we really need to write down what cores we have right now. Can
you update that memory map, that I created along with baseline project?

--
With best regards,
Pavel Shatov