[Cryptech Tech] Dieharder test of Cryptech RNG data

Павел Шатов meisterpaul1 at yandex.ru
Sat Apr 4 14:40:46 UTC 2015

On 04.04.2015 16:36, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:

> Aloha!
>
> Павел Шатов wrote:
>> Joachim, I was specifically talking about avalanche noise circuit.
>> About transistors, resistors, capacitors and so on. Not about FPGA
>> internals, of course.
>
> Sorry for misunderstanding. You said trng.

Yes, I said TRNG, because from this document
(http://wiki.cryptech.is/wiki/GitRepositories/core/rng/trng) I see, that
avalanche noise circuit produces entropy for TRNG. As far as I
understand, to have good random number generator we need good entropy
source. That's why I asked about schematics of avalanche noise circuit.

In trng.v there's an input port named `avalanche_noise'. What signal was
applied to this pin when you collected random data?

--
With best regards,
Pavel Shatov