[Cryptech Tech] Noise board on Novena

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Sat Sep 20 11:13:53 UTC 2014

Hi Bill and list,

> Awesome!  Would you guys welcome yet another TRNG board for this
> platform?

yes!  By all means, yes!

> If such a board would be welcome, is there a place I can read about
> developing boards for the Novena?

I have a similar problem here (plus right now that stupid thing about
not getting more than 24 hours per day...), but since I'm not even
familiar with FPGA development I've happily left it to others to deal
with it so far.

> My other thought was putting it on a USB prototyping board, which
> would be pretty fun, but I can't trust the security of what's on the
> other end.

Don't worry, you'll have to take one step at a time anyway.  Fredrik and
I are using microcontrollers because we are most familiar with them, and
currently leave it to Joachim to somehow re-implement the
microcontroller part in the FPGA.

That sometimes makes communication a bit awkward, but on the other hand
that's how people learn from each other.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/