[Cryptech Tech] TRNG and CHES

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Tue Sep 16 18:52:05 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 08:15:25 PM Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
> Aloha!
>
> Rob Austein wrote:
> > So Plan A will be very tight, gotcha.
> >
> > Is there a Plan B that somebody other than Joachim or Fredrik can
> > usefully work in parallel without distracting from Plan A?
>
> We (I) can probably get the TRNG to work on the DE0-Nano fairly fast.
> Faster than Novena since I've got everything working and can build on
> existing pin placements etc.
>
> But the big fallback is probably just being able to show a presentation,
> talk, show code etc @ CHES. We will have stuff to show, but maybe not
> just a complete, fully running system with the TRNG.

There is a Novena in Stockholm now, although it is not in our hands yet but
rather with Fedex/customs.

If we can get that released swiftly, I should be able to get it connected to
the world wide web and maybe Paul can help out with getting the Novena FPGA to
talk with the avalanche noise board using world wide SSH... ?