[Cryptech Tech] Some measurement results for FPGA with avalanche entropy source

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Sat Sep 6 09:40:59 UTC 2014

Hi Joachim and list,

Joachim Strömbergson <joachim at secworks.se> writes:

> Benedict - you probably wrote it before, but how and where do I connect
> the board to get noise with peak voltage at 3.3V from your board?

Sure did, but I guess that was while you were on holidays.

Anyway:

] From: Benedikt Stockebrand <bs at stepladder-it.com>
] To: tech at cryptech.is
] Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 11:19:40 +0000
] Subject: [Cryptech Tech] Avalanche noise test boards
] [...]
]
] - (Especially) Joachim: You can feed the circuit 5V from the USB
]   interface and get the raw noise signal at 5V from pin TP8.  Flow
]   control doesn't interfere with that, so you can simply ignore the
]   MCU/USB part.  Either rely on the input protection of your device or
]   use a voltage divider to bring the signal down to 3.3V.

Alternatively you can feed power through the four pin header below the
USB connector with pin 1 connected to +5V and pin 4 to GND.

Beyond that the current firmware and stuff is in