[Cryptech Tech] New Avalanche board for Novena?

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Oct 3 13:05:05 UTC 2014

>> why are we going down this path on the novena board?  this seems like
>> it's a real board design, and belongs on the tamper wrapped carrier
>> with the fpga and arm.
> Why not?

did you see joachim's high priority task list?

it is bad enough that he likes blinkenlights :)  let's not dos him
with unnecessary complexity.

or do we think we are gonna learn something useful by putting a flash on
a noise board and make js have to drive it over that set of pins, which
i presume will be throw-away code?

> It has to be developed sometime, and retrofitting the key storage
> module in later seems more difficult to me than having it early on.
>
> Just imagine a tamper boundary around the whole Novena including the
> expansion board ;)

that is my premise.  which is why i said that the novena has ram, use
it.  or, if we want flash and other toys, stick a board in the
micro-pcie slot where it will be on a 'normal' bus accessible to the
arm as well as the fpga, and in a 'normal' fashion.

randy