[Cryptech Tech] New Avalanche board for Novena?

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Fri Oct 3 10:12:38 UTC 2014

On Friday, October 03, 2014 11:41:56 AM Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
> Aloha!
>
> Fredrik, what is the status of the new version of the avalanche noise
> board for Novena?
>
> If it still is in design phase I would like to add a few things. LEDs to
> be more specific. Eight of them. Being able to pull data out of the trng
> to see that different stages are alive is actually very useful. Also,
> blinkenlights are always cool. ;-)

I haven't done anything for a rev02 yet, so this is an excellent time to come
up with new requirements =). Did you get the two LEDs on rev01 working from
the FPGA side?

Leif have been talking about maybe adding an EEPROM chip that the FPGA can use
as key store - what do you think about that?

Leif also wanted a first simple tamper proofing input pin.

> One could also place a header connected to the same pins to have a
> simple interface.

Sorry, I don't understand this part. Do you mean a 100-mil header with various
test points like the ARRHG board, or just a 100-mil header for the avalanche
output?