[Cryptech Tech] TRNG is alive!

tryggve.mathiesen at informasic.com tryggve.mathiesen at informasic.com
Thu Oct 2 10:30:04 UTC 2014

Hello Joacim!

Congrats to the working TRNG.

> BTW: Xilinx really don't like the combinational loops in the ring
> oscillators and thinks they are all the same, thus removing all but
> one.
> Its fixable with compiler directives.

Two comments about Xilinx:
1) Placement and routing, as well as reduction optimization around comb
loops can be controlled/solved in ISE/Vivado tool chain.
2) Consider to use the existing ring osc in Xilinx FPGAs
  a) JTAG clock is Ring Osc based - accessable after FPGA load
  b) Spatran6 and others using Ring OSc. for DCI and DelayI/DelayO timing
reference.
  c) 7-Series have RingOSc for the GTP clockbase in low speed modes (only
GTP macro FPGAs)

I will be of help if more details is needed, sorry to such "passive"
follower ....

Best Regards,

Tryggve Mathiesen

CTO