[Cryptech Tech] Cleaned up arrgh board and firmware available

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Wed Nov 26 08:35:07 UTC 2014

Hi Fredrik and list,

Fredrik Thulin <fredrik at thulin.net> writes:

> Congratulations. Shipping the first release is always the hardest =).

especially so if you have a strong feeling that people will shoot
themselves in the foot if they trust it all the way.  I still really
want to work some more on the testing stuff; let's hope I won't wind up
in another "time blackhole" like the last two months or so.

> Thanks a *lot* for that. It should open up for me to publish my derivate
> designs as well.

Fredrik, let's face it: The schematics is actually so trivial, anybody
could use it in their own designs, and when it comes to the firmware,
Joachim has already re-implemented it in Verilog anyway.  This simply
isn't anything where you have to worry about licenses.  The only reason
why I really wanted to put that license in place before releasing it is
to ensure that whoever trusts this design without further testing can't
really blame me for it.

While I'm rather happy with the results I've seen so far, I *really*
want some more testing; this is especially so because the tests promoted
by FIPS-140 are ridiculously ill-suited, but still used e.g. by the
rngtools (rngtest/rngd).

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/