[Cryptech Tech] More and updated avalanche noise boards for Novena?

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Sat Nov 15 12:06:48 UTC 2014

On Saturday, November 15, 2014 08:41:33 AM Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
> Aloha!
>
> Fredrik, what is the status of the avalanche boards - have you made more
> than one board and a smaller board that better fits the Novena?

I've been awaiting confirmation that the basic circuit works with the FPGA, so
I'll make a rev02 design now and order 5 or so of those boards. Should be able
to have them finished before our meetup we've been talking about in private e-
mail.

I'm going to replace the voltage regulator with a much smaller one since we
would just be needing a few milliamps from the 3V3, and I'll make it possible
to deduce if we really need the schmitt trigger and/or bus transceiver with
some extra connections on this rev02.

Did you want me to put something more on there? We talked about flash, LEDs and
100-mil headers for something that I can't remember?

> Now that it seems to be working it would be good to be able to populate
> the other Novena boards to allow us to write SW for data extraction,
> testing in parallel and not just by me.

Right

> Do you have a Novena btw?

I do.