[Cryptech Tech] Hardware entropy

Bernd Paysan bernd at net2o.de
Sat May 17 13:58:05 UTC 2014

On 17. Mai 2014 14:56:11 MESZ, Stephan Mueller <smueller at chronox.de> wrote:
>I also read in your very interesting presentation on the RNG about the
>modularity of the noise sources. But wouldn't it be equally appropriate
>have the conditioner and the DRNG modular as well?
>
>In that sense, instead of pointing to particular ciphers, like SHA-512
>or
>ChaCha, why not saying: a hash and a subsequent symmetric cipher?

Or a sponge function... having a configurable data flow should make people happy.. As we need the different hash functions anyways, we should think about a more modular architecture here.

I.e. entropy sources with output FIFOs, hash functions and stream ciphers and state storage as separate blocks.

--
Bernd Paysan
"If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself!"