[Cryptech Tech] 25519 implementation

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed May 7 08:07:25 UTC 2014

>>> in the cfrg interim, djb said there was a 25519 verilog
>>> implementation. not clear it is available.
>> I know the people who worked on that (Tim Güneysu and his team in
>> Bochum). I'll ask him.
> Good! It would be a good step forward for what we support in terms of
> use cases.

the cfrg interim was pretty shocking to me, with serious, seemingly only
politically motivated, attempts to de-position 25519.  but, if by
accident sanity prevails, my take is that 25519 will be the csrg
recommendation to the ietf for tls and dnssec (and bgpsec).  so yes, it
would be very good to have.

randy