[Cryptech Tech] cryptostick

Crypto Stick info at crypto-stick.com
Mon Mar 3 20:49:11 UTC 2014

Am 28.02.2014 19:29, schrieb Leif Johansson:
>>> ocusing on
>> That sounds like a good fit. In brief, the Crypto Stick has an open
>> interface (OpenPGP Card 2.0), a tamper resistant smart card and can
>> handle up to 4096 bit long RSA keys. Any other specific feature you
>> would be interested in?
>>

> Let me turn the question around: what features from an opensource/open
> hardware HSM would you need?

I understand Cryptech is going to be a crypto chip providing
server-level performance (other than a small smart card). You could use
the Crypto Stick to securely store the actual keys (of whatever
algorithm) being used by encrypting them with the RSA keys of the Crypto
Stick. During startup the user would enter his/her password to unlock
the Crypto Stick (and the actual keys, subsequently). Is this what you
are aiming for with the YubiKey?