[Cryptech Tech] W3C workshop on Crypto, Secure Authentication, Hardware Tokens

John Mattsson john.mattsson at ericsson.com
Thu Jul 24 14:51:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

As I wrote in an earlier email to some Cryptech people, I think this is
something that should be brought up at the W3C workshop.

Cheers,
John

As you may or may not know, W3C is hosting a workshop on  WebCrypto Next
Steps, focusing quite much on hardware support, high value environments,
and issues around secure private key storage:

http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/webcrypto-next-workshop/Overview.html

I plan to write some contributions to this workshop. One of the things
that should be brought up is how hardware support can make the WebCrypto
API (and other Web APIs) more secure, especially if the hardware is open
source, i.e. Cryptech.

Obvious browser APIs that could use Cryptech is:

* Random number and key generation
* Key storage, wrap, and unwrap
* Encrypt, HMAC, Sign using above mentioned keys
Password management, SSO

* Etc.

It is also a good place to market Cryptech. Do you agree? Maybe you have
already discussed this workshop, but I could not see any discussion on the
cryptech lists.