[Cryptech Tech] FPGA toolchain

Linus Nordberg linus at nordberg.se
Wed Jan 15 10:45:32 UTC 2014

Joachim Strömbergson <joachim at secworks.se> wrote on another list
Tue, 07 Jan 2014 13:35:15 +0100:

| (2) The Goals slide does not actually mention the tool-chain. But that
| is actually one of the really important issues. Toolchain, test cases,
| user guidelines, best practices. How are users/integrators actually take
| what we provide and create a working HSM that they can trust?

Agreed. Toolchains, both for general purpose CPU:s (i.e. do DDC on gcc
and clang) and FPGA:s (i.e. fpgautils atm), will need our attention. I
will be able to spend "a couple of weeks" on that during this spring
without any external funding.

Rob, IIUC you're interested in working on doing DDC, right? I know of
another person who might be right for this if we have funding and want
more man power.

Regarding FPGA toolchain I think, that we should reach out to
https://github.com/Wolfgang-Spraul/ who seems to want to do more.