[Cryptech Tech] Commit maillist?

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Mon Feb 24 14:13:53 UTC 2014

At Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:51:48 +0100, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:

> AFAIK we don't currently have a maillist for commit messages, correct?

Correct, at present we have no such mailing list.

> I would really like to have a commit list where all commits with commit
> signature, filelist and commit message is included in a mail for each
> commit.

Would a new mailman list receiving mail from the "multimail"
post-receive hook script that ships with git suffice for this?

Haven't tested this yet, but doc suggests that multimail is designed
to integrate nicely with gitolite.  Mailing list would probably be
read-only except for the git robot, on the theory that discussion
should happen elsewhere (eg, here on tech@).