[Cryptech Tech] Some problems with the repo access

Jakob Schlyter jakob at kirei.se
Sat Feb 15 08:47:37 UTC 2014

On 15 feb 2014, at 02:07, Rob Austein <sra at hactrn.net> wrote:

> Current answer is a quick Makefile hack, one could do better in a real
> programming language, or maybe Jakob has a better tool:
>
>    hactrn.net/tlsa.zone:  /usr/local/etc/certs/hactrn-cacert.pem
> 	    ( echo -n "ca.hactrn.net. TLSA 2 0 0 ("; \
> 	      openssl x509 -in $< -outform DER     | \
> 	      hexdump -v -e '"\n\t\t" 40/1 "%02x"' ; \
> 	      echo " )" ) >$@

http://people.redhat.com/pwouters/hash-slinger/
https://github.com/pieterlexis/swede

	jakob

ps. I recommend TLSA 3 1 1, publishing a SHA-256 of the public key of the EE cert. Yes, you need to update the DNS if/when you roll your keys, but then you can use the same mechanisms independent of your CA and certificate renwewal. And your are independent of the full PKIX path validation.