[Cryptech Tech] Some problems with the repo access

Linus Nordberg linus at nordberg.se
Mon Feb 10 21:58:49 UTC 2014

Rob Austein <sra at hactrn.net> wrote
Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:51:03 -0500:

| Are we talking about read-only or read-write?  Read-write git over

Read-only.

| That should be straightforward, and we can add read-only git over
| plain HTTP at the same time, just as we do for the Wiki and ticket
| system.

I'd prefer we didn't give people the opportunity to shoot themselves
like that but I think that I'd have to convince y'all to go for a cert
rooted in a known CA before I start that fight.

(We _could_ publish our public key, PGP-signed, on the site. For those
who don't trust CA:s. Manual pinning.)

| > Can't see it in http://cryptech.is/browser though.
|
| That would be the post-repository-create trigger script bug that was
| blowing up in Joachim's face.  Did you get that one too?

Didn't see any errors or warnings at all, I'm afraid.

| I haven't done anything about this yet (just got back from holiday
| late Saturday, still catching up), but I do wonder whether this is
| somehow related to the other thing Joachim was reporting where his SSH
| client was trying to use a pseudo-tty.

Didn't see that either, actually.