[Cryptech Tech] Cleaned up arrgh board and firmware available

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Sun Dec 28 14:08:33 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

once again I'm catching up on things...

Fredrik Thulin <fredrik at thulin.net> writes:

> Did you see my e-mail with apparent bit patterns in these LSB:s? This is the
> gist of it, showing how far from a perfect distribution each 8-bit series is:
> [...]

OK, now something about methodology first: If you suspect your data to
show some sort of statistical relevance, then use a suitable test on it,
rather than stare at the data until you start to see patterns---because
if you stare long enough, you *will* see patterns:-)

If you think there are above-expected alternating or non-alternating bit
patterns, then the easiest way to work this out is to run this through
the runs test (from dieharder), which targets this phenomenon.

Alternatively, what you can do is take the bit-wise difference of the
stream (probably involves a bit of coding) and run that through ent.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/