[Cryptech Tech] HWRNG specs

Olli Ottela oottela at cs.helsinki.fi
Mon Dec 8 13:12:11 UTC 2014

Hello.

I spotted a picture of Cryptech HWRNG from ioerror's twitter wall. I'm working on a high-assurance Pidgin (https://github.com/maqp/tfc) that uses one-time pads and one-time MACs to provide information theoretical security (a cascading encryption version also exists). Since a lot of truly random data is required I'd be very interested to learn more about your project, about how open source the hardware is, at what speed can entropy be sampled, how Ent and Dieharder have evaluated the output. The cost is something to consider aswell: TFC already requires users invest in hardware.

Regards,
Markus Ottela