[Cryptech Tech] Entropy source delivered

Fredrik Thulin fredrik at thulin.net
Wed Aug 20 17:54:31 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 06:33:15 PM Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
> Aloha!
>
> FYI: I've today received a board with avalanche noise source designed by
> Fredrik Thulin and will start testing it with the FPGA board. Good work
> Fredrik!

Thanks, but the design was a collaborative effort. The discussions on this list
was, and continue to be, a great help.

I'm hoping the efforts can turn more towards entropy extraction now. I'm
awaiting Benedikts unit with great anticipation. Looking more closely at what
his circuit performs like will likely open up a new set of topics.

For example, it seems his (and others) circuit deliver around 20 kbit/s of
entropy, while mine currently only delivers 4700 bits/s (extracted from
130,000 edges/s - a lot of them thrown away to decrease correlation).