[Cryptech Tech] ASIC implementation page on wiki

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Fri Aug 15 20:55:27 UTC 2014

Hi Bernd and list,

sorry for the delay---I'm still kind of busy soldering up the boards
after hours...

Bernd Paysan <bernd at net2o.de> writes:

> * Avalanche diode noise: Depending on the process options, it might be
> possible to have an internal avalanche diode.

The problem I see with that is that if we run into problems with some
"improved", "low noise" diodes being slipstreamed into production, then
we have one hell of a rollback to do.  With generic external 5 cent
diodes (or BE junctions), the worst thing that can happen is that we
wind up with a few reels of useless components that however can be
replaced with a reasonably wide range of alternatives.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

PS: If things work out I'll finish soldering up the boards by tomorrow
    and start testing them.  With a bit of luck I'll be sending them out
    by the beginning of next week.

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,                   Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                           http://www.stepladder-it.com/

          Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects

BIVBlog---Benedikt's IT Video Blog: http://www.stepladder-it.com/bivblog/