[Cryptech Tech] Roadmap & remarks about the opportunity of developing a secure TOR router on the Novena platform.

★ STMAN ★ stman at riseup.net
Sat Aug 2 10:43:51 UTC 2014

Hi Joachim & Linus & Lilith,

For the replacement of the Novena which is not « suitable » for prototyping secure TOR routers (Too many custom additionnal hardware to build for being fully operationnel), I am think for the moment to this develpment board :

http://www.em.avnet.com/en-us/design/drc/Pages/Xilinx-Spartan-6-FPGA-LX75T-Development-Kit.aspx

- It has all what is needed to do the job right.
- It is not expensive.
- It is suitable with its PCIexpress bus to fit in standard PC’s.
- It has a standard FMC expansion connector :D

What do you think of it ?

Kind regards,

Stman.