[Cryptech Tech] More tests and a bug

Rob Austein sra at hactrn.net
Thu Apr 3 04:48:46 UTC 2014

At Wed, 02 Apr 2014 18:44:21 +0200, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:

> The problem I have right now is not related to the question of doing
> unit tests or not. But how to handle async read and write and still be
> able to catch the specific response to a command and parse the response
> to have something to do unit test assertion on.

Unless I'm missing something, this sounds like a fairly standard
synchronous-over-asynchronous wrapper problem (upper level just wants
to do function calls, lower level has to deal with async I/O, in your
case using threads).  Been there, done that (summary: input events, a
persistent buffer, and some kind of pattern matching, which is why
Randy and I both thought "expect").  Holler if you get stuck.