[Cryptech Core] The Cryptech wiki is dead, long live the Cryptech wiki

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Oct 11 13:25:55 UTC 2021

Hi,

Rob Austein wrote:
> Trac -> cgit+pelican

While Trac can easily run without Apache I think this is good news!

I couldn't agree more with you about static content > dynamic content.

I've had trouble with the cgit cache in the past, but while there is
a project (stgit IIRC) to export git repos to static files that wasn't
so mature when I looked at it a year ago and as long as cgit causes no
major pain I think it's a great choice.

Thanks a lot for getting this done.

> 4. no clear consensus among the Core team to move to Github

I for one would consistently veto that.

Github's only real value is to make discovery a little easier. We could
discuss mirroring repositories there but Github cannot be a dependency,
regardless of how popular that may be among other projects.

Github is a private interest actor pushing a broken, artificially limited
development process onto their content creators and forcing a ridiculously
limited user interface onto casual visitors. Awful! Jurisdiction is another
point, but that may have been forgotten since our project first began..

Kind regards

//Peter