[Cryptech Core] convening the core team

Phil Roberts phil at robertskeys.net
Tue Oct 27 14:46:10 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

it has been quite some time since core met virtually (over a year actually: https://tid.isoc.org/pad/p/cryptech-restart-discussion-10-03-2019).  I'm wondering if it is time to consider having another virtual get together?

Since then the developers have iterated the board design, integrated a lot of software updates showing a 10x RSA signing improvement and published a release (https://cryptech.is/2020/09/cryptech-releases-version-4-0/).

As far as fundraising goes, the last big influx we received was in 2019 with the NGItrust grant.  Recently we have received a 6k USD grant from ARIN and a 10k euro donation from Surfnet.

It seems like it would be beneficial to have a meeting of minds to talk about where from here.  We would need folks to commit a few hours, someone to volunteer some zoom resources.  I've set up a new Etherpad where we could put up some agenda thoughts: https://tid.isoc.org/pad/p/cryptech-restart-discussion-2020

Would aiming for something the first week in December seem about right timing wise?

Regards,
Phil