[Cryptech Core] further improvements in RSA signing performance

Joachim Strömbergson joachim at assured.se
Wed Mar 11 21:24:50 UTC 2020

Aloha!

On 2020-03-11 22:14, Paul Selkirk wrote:
> On 3/11/20 9:53 AM, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
>> For comparion, this performance exceeds some commercial HSMs, for
>> example the SafeNet Luna USB HSM.
>
> Bear in mind that this is 1000 (or 10000) repetitions of the same
> signature with the same 2048-bit key, and may not reflect real-world
> performance (signing different things with different keys).

Sure. If we really want to get good measures we should try and develop a
test suite that mimics a realistic use case. However with good
performancemargin we can probably claim to match other HSMs.

Bear in mind that they may very well also measure in a way that maximize
performance numbers.

Joachim Strömbergson