[Cryptech Core] Input to NGI_trust presentation?

Joachim Strömbergson joachim at assured.se
Thu Mar 5 09:36:08 UTC 2020

Aloha!

On 2020-03-05 10:07, Pavel Shatov wrote:
> The latest ModExpNG can do about 120 exponentiations with 2048-bit
> modulus per second. This is obviously the limit on how many signatures
> per second can be generated using one core instance. Note, that we
> aren't exploiting the core to its full potential yet, Paul has already
> identified most of the things that should be done in that direction: get
> rid of byte swapping, get rid of blinding factor mutation in software,
> get 180 MHz internal clock to build, throw away ModExpA7 to free DSP
> slices and add more instances of ModExpNG instead, etc.

Yes. That is all true, and I will bring up future possible improvements
on the NGI_trust meeting.

But I want to focus on real use case-improvements that we have today.
What a user with an Alpha board actually could get today with the work
done so far. Not what could be achieved by an internal core. That is
what we can actually say that we have accomplished.

Joachim Strömbergson
                               Assured AB