[Cryptech Core] Conf call?

Phil Roberts roberts at dkey.org
Wed Sep 4 13:40:45 UTC 2019

Gentle reminder to complete the doodle poll if you haven't already.  It's here:

https://www.doodle.com/poll/vme6ygnxtusqg5cp

On 8/28/19, 10:29 AM, "Core on behalf of Phil Roberts" <core-bounces at cryptech.is on behalf of roberts at dkey.org> wrote:

    Hi all,

    We're close to being back in business I think.....

    We had spoken in the Spring about having a conference call in the September timeframe instead of a face-to-face meeting.  I'd like to propose we consider having one in the last two weeks of September or the first week in October.

    Here is the situation:
    - we have received a grant from NGI Trust as part of H2020.  The overall grant is, I believe, 180k euros.  We believe we are going to receive, I believe, 70k euros of that presently.  (Joachim can correct these details if I'm wrong about them)
    - we have a commitment for 10k euros from Surfnet.
    - we have received another grant from what needs to remain an anonymous source for another week or so of 10k USD

    So, we should have some money around the start of October.  We should have a discussion about how to restart work so that we make progress towards the goals we set out when applying for the NGI Trust grant while measuring ourselves that we don't run out of money again.  It also makes sense just to reset our expectations about where we are and what it takes to get going again.

    Would it make sense to plan for a 4 hour call starting at 1400 UTC on a day when most of the folks on core can make it?

    I *think* I've set up a doodle poll for folks to fill out their availability:
    https://www.doodle.com/poll/vme6ygnxtusqg5cp

    Regards,
    Phil