[Cryptech Core] directions to ISOC office in Amsterdam

Karen O'Donoghue odonoghue at isoc.org
Wed Feb 13 04:12:08 UTC 2019

Folks,

Phil asked me to send out some information about getting to the ISOC offices in Amsterdam..

The ISOC offices are located at: Science Park 400, 1098 XH Amsterdam. It is also known as the MATRIX Innovation Center. There are several organizations housed in the bldg. I don’t remember exactly which floor ISOC is on (maybe 3 or 4), but I’ll see if I can get that confirmed for you. I think I generally land in the lobby area and I believe there is a sign there…

Anyhow, back to the directions…
There are a couple of “Sprinter” trains going in the right direction (Zwolle, Amersfoort Vathorst). You go two stops and get off at the “Amsterdam Science Park” stop. From there you basically go left from the direction you have been traveling on the train. It is about a 10 minute walk. You will head straight down a long straight wide road. After about 700 m or so you will bear right on a small road that heads to parking areas around a cluster of buildings. You are passing the office building now on your left. You will see the turn off to the parking to the left. Turn to the left and follow the parking around to the entrance. It is much simpler than I am making it sound. I will see if I can dig up directions with more land marks. Attached is a visual.

[cid:9848DEA8-3E84-415C-86C5-E3E90A08916B at lan]

There is a second way to the office that involves the subway and a bus. It gets you closer to the office building, but it does require two forms of transportation to get there. You take the 51 Metro line to Westwijk for 5 stops and change to the 40 bus to Muiderpoortstation for 8 stops. Once there you have about a 4 minute (300 m) walk. See the attached diagram.

[cid:2EC79A50-B0AC-4231-8FE5-79E3DBA9BD2C at lan]

Either way works and both take roughly 25 minutes from Central Station.

There are several other variations of public transport that will get you there as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Karen