[Cryptech Core] info about commons conservancy

Stephen Farrell stephen.farrell at cs.tcd.ie
Fri Sep 28 07:04:03 UTC 2018

Hiya,

On 28/09/18 02:00, Peter Stuge wrote:
> As I read more around the Conservancy site I also see that all finances
> must be handled by NLnet, making the practical purpose of the Conservancy
> unclear, in addition to the credibility concern.
>
> It looks like unneccessary association.

IIUC, based on chatting with Michiel, the reason is that that's how
NLnet foundation (!= NLnet) have chosen to support projects like ours.
IOW, while it may not be "necessary" from NLnet foundation's POV, that's
how they've chosen to do this, so it is necessary from our POV if we
want donations to us to transit an NLnet foundation bank account (and
get the taxation benefits etc.).

Cheers,
S.