[Cryptech Core] DRAFT letter to the ISOC Board of Trustees

Karen O'Donoghue odonoghue at isoc.org
Sat Sep 8 18:15:45 UTC 2018

Folks,

I agreed to draft another letter to the ISOC Board of Trustees to discuss our continued work support for and positive relationship with DKS. Below is this draft. I am heading offline for the next eleven days so I won’t have Internet access with which to shepherd a consensus from the core team.

Core Team: Can you please indicate your consent along with any changes you might wish.

Russ: Are you available to make any requested changes (within reason of course) and to send it in when said consensus is achieved? Please email it to Gonzalo, Andrew, Kathy (if the letter goes out in the next few weeks), and Kevin Craemer (craemer at isoc.org<mailto:craemer at isoc.org>) when it is ready to go. Thank you and apologies for dropping this on you. I’m not sure when Phil and Stuart need the letter by since I missed the last business team call.

Regards,
Karen

**********************

Internet Society Board of Trustees
Gonzalo Camarillo
Andrew Sullivan
11710 Plaza America Drive,
Reston, VA 20190

Dear ISOC Trustees:

The CrypTech core team is please to write to you once again to indicate our satisfaction with our continued cooperative relationship with Diamond Key Security (DKS). In November 2017 and again in May 2018, we wrote to you on behalf of the CrypTech project to express support for the DKS initiative and to provide a short status of our activities. We want to reinforce once again that we were working closely with DKS and that we appreciate the importance of their efforts on behalf of CrypTech sustainability. We understand that this is a close collaboration between the CrypTech Project and DKS is essential to the ultimate success of this effort.

In the four months since the last letter, you (the ISOC Board of Trustees) have continued to provide the resources that have enabled the operations of Diamond Key Security as a not-for-profit entity. Upon the establishment of DKS, the CrypTech project and DKS began to work closely together to plan for the development and sustainability of CrypTech. Specifically in the last four months, DKS has completed a license review of the open source code with no significant issues found. DKS is also in the final planning stages of a detailed security review of the code later this year. Finally, DKS has provided fund raising support to the CrypTech business team. In the meantime, the CrypTech Core Team has continued to develop and mature the core components of CrypTech based on the roadmap developed earlier this year. Finally, the CrypTech business team has been pursuing a more permanent administrative home for CrypTech and is evaluating the Commons Conservancy (https://commonsconservancy.org) as a possible option. We plan to meet as full core team in October to assess our progress to date and to plan our next steps both technically and administratively. We continue to utilize the consensus model for decision making by the CrypTech core team. All of these activities indicate a continuing positive and productive relationship between CrypTech and DKS as we work toward our common goals.

In conclusion, the CrypTech project continues to be satisfied with the relationship between the CrypTech project and DKS and optimistic about the future of CrypTech. We thank the ISOC Board of Trustees for their trust and generosity with regards to CrypTech and DKS,

Regards,

Russ Housley
Leif Johannson
on behalf of the CrypTech Project Team