[Cryptech Core] Xilinx Zync devices for possible next Cryptech HSM

Joachim Strömbergson joachim at assured.se
Wed Oct 31 15:01:10 UTC 2018

Aloha!

On 2018-10-30 21:37, Paul Selkirk wrote:
> Could we still use the free version of the Xilinx toolset with the Zync
> devices? IIRC, the Artix-7 was at least partly chosen because it was the
> biggest that was supported by the free tools.

Good question. The FPGA part of Zync is implemented as one would for a
normal FPGA from one of the families the specific Zync part derives its
FPGA fabric. Given the ones I described, that means Kintex7 or Artix7

At least for Zync-devices based on Artix-7 you can use the no-cost
tools. The version of ISE I'm using supports Kintex7 up to 160T which I
think is smaller than what we need. Don't know what the no-cost versions
of Vivado supports. I'll make a note of it to find out.

If this is not the case, we need to find out how much it would cost to
be able to reason about if this would be a to big barrier of entry or not.

Joachim Strömbergson
                               Assured AB