[Cryptech Core] Can't attend meeting

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Mar 1 14:35:41 UTC 2018

Karen O'Donoghue wrote:
> There is a zoom channel up, and we are keeping rough notes in ether pad…
>
> https://tid.isoc.org/pad/p/cryptech-2018-feb-stockholmagenda

Thank you for taking notes. I am still keen on contributing and the
notes are greatly helpful!

I think it might be useful to take the Ethernet/USB/PCI and
"something like TLS-lite" discussions to the tech@ list.

I question "rationale for moving from USB to Ethernet":

> need more bandwidth

I have a 3.2 Gbps bandwidth 50 EUR USB 3 board on my desk, 32b x 100 MHz,
with an FTDI chip that doesn't suck. Software for this is on my list.

> USB out of HSM is not reliable

What does that mean? USB is arguably *more reliable* than Ethernet.
To "server context"; if there's room in the rack for a 1U then why does
the particular cable matter? What are the concerns?

I support FT that PCI Express should not be ruled out as "too fast";
the Alpha design already has many signal integrity requirements.

It would be great to know what the breakdown of "2 signatures/second" is.
How long is spent where? Finer grained profiling is better.

> https://sunet.zoom.us/my/leifj

I was able to run the proprietary software, but seem to have
needed a "personalized link" to join the cloud meeting. :\

//Peter