[Cryptech Core] draft outcome of Stockholm f2f meeting

Phil Roberts roberts at dkey.org
Wed Oct 4 21:52:58 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

here is a draft summary of the outcomes of Stockholm.  If it looks good to folks, hopefully we can post this on the wiki as we did for a similar output from the Berlin meeting.  Corrections welcome.

Regards,
Phil

————————————————

Now:

Hardware:

- Convert hardware layout software from Altium to KiCad

- Find the source of the battery drain and fix it

- Add a programmable microcontroller with a USB interface to replace the FTDI chips.  (Can make the UART interface to the STM run at 12Mb/s?  For using the ATMEL SAMD09 microcontroller)

- Have a bunch of notes, but no written conclusion for battery outside the tamper boundary

- Get external review for these changes.

Software:

- Ongoing profiling work to see whether there are easy improvements to performance

- ECDH

- Ed25519

Soon

 Hardware:

- Adding 2 GigE Ethernet interface (for raw Ethernet, no TCP/IP) via a daughter board

- Adding a larger flash

Software:

- Make the RPC secure

- Implement hash-based signatures (based on draft-McGrew-….)

- Middleware for multiple devices

Later

Hardware:

- Performance improvements through faster clockspeed/hardware

Software:

- X25519

Applilcations for future consideration
Inline encryption – need some work on use case demand