[Cryptech Core] Alpha documentation

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat May 28 13:58:42 UTC 2016

Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> > > What I do know is that we can't spend time on in-depth validation
> > > before Berlin =).
> >
> > I think it would be about a day or two worth of effort.
>
> To do that particular test, or all in-depth tests?

All - some is already done with the SDRAM test, but stressing the
power supply is also pretty important.

One important test is to exercise FPGA internals while monitoring
voltages, another is to exercise IOs both on FPGA and on STM32.

Since lots of data will be sent back and forth between STM32 and FPGA
it would also be useful to stress the memory bus using those two parts.

> > Is it better to know whether the hardware works reliably if stressed
> > ASAP, or later during the demo in Berlin? ;)
>
> It is better to know in advance of course, but time is limited.

Since there is no time I guess if there are some problems the
solution will have to be to build delays into strategic places.

//Peter