[Cryptech Core] various news, good and bad

Leif Johansson leifj at sunet.se
Mon May 23 12:36:45 UTC 2016

As some of you already knows Randy has decided to take a break from
the project. Not having Randy around is going to make things harder
and I'm sure the rest of us will do our best in his absence.

Randy and me has always tried to keep the engineering team away from
having to care too much about details about finances, "marketing"
and other stuff going on behind the scenes to enable the project
to keep moving forward.

Financially we are doing ok (but not more than that). As we all
know Berlin and a publicly available alpha is an important milestone
for us and success will hopefully bring us more attention and funding
in the fall.

One of the things I believe we need to address in order to keep us
moving forward after Berlin is to have a few more links into the
engineering team from the admin team so we're less dependent on
stuff flowing through single individual(s).

To that end I would like to propose we allow a couple of folks
on the core list as "observers" - these people would be here only
to get information from the list in a more convenient way than
hitting reload on the list public archive every 5 minutes; they
would not have a say on the technical issues decided here
(hence the name "observer").

If you all agree, the people I would like to propose we add as
observers are: Phil Roberts, Karen O'Donoghue and Lucy Lych.

Phil Roberts who is contributed by ISOC to work half-time on
business-development for cryptech. His job includes talking to
companies that might want to turn cryptech from a design to
product(s).

Karen O'Donoghue (also ISOC) helps with fund raising and
communication with Heather who is already on the core list.

Lucy Lynch currently of the NSRC who has been with the project
since its inception and is volunteering (like me) her time
acting as a coordinator for the non-engineering activities.

Thoughts?

	Cheers Leif