[Cryptech Core] capacity/performance numbers?

Phil Roberts roberts at isoc.org
Wed Jun 15 15:15:37 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm not sure what to ask here.  But here goes....

In talking to people about becoming alpha testers, I also try to find out something about what their expectations for an HSM in their production environment would be.  This leads to some interesting discussions and I'm starting to pick up some common themes.

One frequent question I get is what our capacities and performance numbers are.  I tell them that we have an implementation as an alpha that is based on a processor and FPGA - in order to help people calibrate their expectations.  Still, even in the context of doing alpha testing they would like to have some idea about what the capacity of the device is in terms of key storage.  And what the performance is in terms of signing operations (for DNSSEC).  I've told them that I would get back to them as soon as we have something concrete to report.

So I guess my question is whether we can say anything concrete at this stage, or in what timeframe we will be able to say something?

And if we can say something now, what would it be?

Thanks,
Phil